LEEA Electric Overhead Travelling Crane Operator & Slinging
Personnel to undertake the duties of any Construction, Production, Operational staff or contractor personnel whose task may include the operation of an
Electrical Overhead Travelling/ Gantry crane operation in an offshore or onshore location.
No pre-requisites required for this course. However, for QP live plant premises Comprehensive knowledge of rigging and slinging operations and 3 years’
experience in rigging and slinging activities.
3.Physical and Stressful Demands
Training and/or assessment activities contained within this Standard may include physically demanding and potentially stressful elements. All personnel
who participate in such activities must be physically and mentally capable of participating fully.
Therefore, to ensure that prior to participating in practical exercises, the delegates will be required to undergo medical screening by completing appropriate
medical screening form provided by QISC
4.Aims and Objectives
This course is aimed to raise competency of an EOT Crane operation and moving load activities at throughout the Engineering, Procurement, Construction,
Operation and Production sector and beyond. The training concentrates on the basics of load movement at height hazard, mitigate the risk and safe Crane
5.Learning Outcomes / Assessment Criteria
At the end of the training delegates must be able to demonstrate:
1. Knowledge of the legislation, regulation (Ac of P) and standards governing the use of lifting equipment
2. Recognize the roles and responsibilities of Crane operator, Rigger/Slinger, Signaler/ Banskman
3. Recognize and prevent the personal, Work site and environmental hazards & risk
4. Knowledge of force influences & rating methods
5. How to conduct load estimation and estimating the center of gravity.
6. Knowledge of different types of slings and how to carry out a pre & post use check
7. Knowledge of different types of lifting accessories and how to carry out a pre use check
8. Knowledge of different control devices including: Pendant Control, InfraRed Control and Radio Control
9. Knowledge of how to understand and complete a simple lift Plan / Basic lift and Risk assessment
10.Knowledge of crane signals in accordance with BS 7121
11.Demonstrate overall operator competency BS 7121-7-2019
6.Delegate Performance Assessment / Certification / Validity
Delegate Performance Assessment: Delegates will be given a theory assessment paper having 25 Questions in order to test their understanding of
the knowledge elements specified in the Learning Outcomes (Key Learning Points) the test pass mark is 80%.
Delegate performance in the practical exercises will be evaluated against the practical learning outcomes where they will be required to demonstrate
Overhead Crane / Electrical Overhead Travelling Crane / Gantry Crane Operation.
Certification: LEEA Approved Certification with Three years’ validity
7.Instructor & Delegate Ratio
1: 8 Theory
8.Duration and Timing
QISC or client premises
10. For more information
Please contact us direct for availability & costs:
Tel: +974 4450 1223
Fax: +974 4450 1220
www.qisc.net / www.madinagulf.com