Excavation and Trenching Awareness
1. Target Group
This three-hour course provides a basic level of Health and Safety knowledge to enable participants to develop an appropriate understanding of the key
Health and Safety principles and best practice needed for a safe working environment, while carrying out excavation and trenching works, or working
near excavation and trenching.
2. Delegate Pre-requisites
There are no pre-requisites on this course.
3. Physical and Stressful Demands
There are no physical and stressful demands in this course, however the delegates will be required to undergo medical screening by completing appropriate
medical screening form provided by QISC in order to ensure that the delegates are fit and well to participate fully.
4. Aims and Objectives
This course aims to provide basic understanding of the hazards and risks associated with excavations and how they can carry out this activity safely.
5. Learning Outcomes / Assessment Criteria
Upon completion of this course participants must be able to:
• Define Excavation and Trenching
• Identify the risk associated with excavations
• Understand the Permit to Work requirement
• Understand atmospheric and environmental hazards
• Identify control measures for safe excavations
• Explain the supervisor responsibilities
6. Delegate Performance Assessment / Certification / Validity
Delegate Performance Assessment: This is an awareness course and includes observational written assessment.
Certification: QISC Approved Certification with Three years validity
7. Instructor and Delegate Ratio
8. Duration and Timing
9. Venue [-Location]
On client premises or
Qatar International Safety Centre
Gate No. 9 building – 23 Street – 45
Salwa Industrial Area
PO Box 23651
10. For more information
Please contact us direct for availability & costs:
Tel: +974 4450 1223
Fax: +974 4450 1220
www.qisc.net / www.madinagulf.com