Gesture and Posture Awareness
1. Target Group
This course provides awareness on the risks associated improper gesture and posture, and provides ways or safe practices to remove the risk of injuries.
2. Delegate Pre-requisites
3. Physical and Stressful Demands
There are no physical and stressful demands in this course, however the delegates will be required to undergo medical screening by completing appropriate
medical screening form provided by QISC in order to ensure that the delegates are fit and well to participate fully.
4. Aims and Objectives
This course is aim to meet the needs of all levels of employees who may undertake manual handling operations, including the movement of items through
lifting, putting down, pushing, pulling, carrying or moving thereof by hand or by bodily force.
5. Learning Outcomes / Assessment Criteria
Upon completion of this course participants should be able to:
• Define the term manual handling.
• Know the responsibilities defined by legislation
• Understand the manual handling related injuries and their causes
• Assess the risk of manual handling and minimize the effects of it
• Explain kinetic handling principles
• Demonstrate the proper manual handling technique
6. Delegate Performance Assessment / Certification / Validity
Delegate Performance Assessment: This is an awareness course and
includes observational written assessment.
Certification: QISC Approved Certification with Three years validity
7. Instructor and Delegate Ratio
8. Duration and Timing
On client premises or
Qatar International Safety Centre
Gate No. 9 building – 23 Street – 45
Salwa Industrial Area
PO Box 23651
10. For more information
Please contact us direct for availability & costs:
Tel: +974 4450 1223
Fax: +974 4450 1220
www.qisc.net / www.madinagulf.com