Overhead Crane / Electrical Overhead Travelling Crane / Gantry Crane Operation
1. Target Group
Any employee / Operational staff whose task may include the operation of an overhead crane in an offshore or onshore location.
2. Delegate Pre-requisites
No pre-requisites required for this awareness course.
3. Physical and Stressful Demands
Training and/or assessment activities contained within this Standard may include physically demanding and potentially stressful elements. All personnel
who participate in such activities must be physically and mentally capable of participating fully.
Therefore, to ensure that prior to participating in practical exercises, the delegates will be required to undergo medical screening by completing appropriate
medical screening form provided by QISC
4. Aims and Objectives
To provide knowledge and understanding of the competence requirement in line with all QP & Local applicable regulations and other relevant national
and international guidelines, regulations and standards
5. Learning Outcomes / Assessment Criteria
At the end of the training delegates must be able to:
1. Identify and list typical hazards associated with lifting activities
2. Explain how to check that there is adequate access, work space and lighting within the designated work area
3. Demonstrate correct signals for lifting operations (industry and international best practice)
4. Identify the crane controls and explain the function of each
5. Carry out a pre-start check (using a checklist)
6. Carry out a pre-operational check
7. Correctly estimate (within +/-5%) the weight of a load
8. successfully undertake a simple lift and lay down safely
9. Successfully undertake a lift and lay down of a load with an offset center of gravity
10.Stop operations in the event of an emergency stop signal or the occurrence of any event outside normal operations
11.Explain the reasons for ensuring the worksite is left in a clean and tidy condition
12.Demonstrate the Post use inspection of the Crane and Accessories.
6. Delegate Performance Assessment / Certification / Validity
Delegate Performance Assessment: The delegates will be assessed against the theory and practical learning outcomes. The Overhead Crane operator
may be asked questions periodically in relation to the crane operation and lifting environment. Briefing will be given relating to specific tasks to be
achieved whilst planning. Each Overhead Crane Operator must be able to successfully describe and explain of these tasks in order to be recorded as an
Overhead Crane / Electrical Overhead Travelling Crane / Gantry Crane Operator.
Certification: QISC certification with 2 years validity.
7. Instructor & Delegate Ratio
8. Duration and Timing
9. Venue [-Location]
On client premises or
Qatar International Safety Centre
Gate No. 9 building – 23 Street – 45
Salwa Industrial Area
PO Box 23651
10. For more information
Please contact us direct for availability & costs:
Tel: +974 4450 1223
Fax: +974 4450 1220
www.qisc.net / www.madinagulf.com