Sidra Hospital – Hazardous Material First Receiver
The target group for the Hazardous Material First Receiver Training are the security and clinic staff.
No Pre-requisites needed.
3.Physical and Stressful Demands
Training and/or assessment activities contained within this Standard may include physically demanding and potentially stressful elements. All personnel
who participate in such activities must be physically and mentally capable of participating fully. Therefore to ensure that prior to participating in practical
exercises, the delegates will be required to undergo medical screening by completing appropriate medical screening form provided by QISC.
4.Aims and Objectives
The aim and objectives of this Hazardous Material First Receiver Training is to give Sidra Hospital Staff the opportunity to practice and maintain the skills
required when dealing with victims from mass casualty incidents involving the release of unknown hazardous substances.
5.Learning Outcomes / Assessment Criteria
To successfully complete the Hazardous Material First Receiver training, delegates must be able to demonstrate:
• Understanding of the 2016 Emergency Response Guidebook (Hazmat).
• Understanding of the METHANE initial incident report system.
• Understanding the personal risk of CBRNE contaminants from victims arriving for decon.
• Practice setting up Hot zone, Warm zone, Cold zone prior to arrival of casualties (decon set-up).
• Demonstrate donning / doffing of hazmat PPE.
• Demonstrate correct use of Action Checklist Cards.
• Demonstrate proper control of water run-off.
• Demonstrate correct incident clean-up and replenish / replace for next emergency.
6.Delegate Performance Assessment / Certification / Validity
Delegate Performance Assessment: Delegates will be assessed against the learning outcomes by direct observation and oral questions as appropriate.
Certification: QISC Approved Certification with Two Years validity
7.Instructor & Delegate Ratio
1 Instructor plus 1 support staff for 12 delegates.
8.Duration and Timing
The duration of this course is 1 day that will not exceed 10 hours (eg. 8am-5pm).
10. For more information
Please contact us direct for availability & costs:
Tel: +974 4450 1223
Fax: +974 4450 1220
www.qisc.net / www.madinagulf.com