Slinger Banksman / Crane Banksman / Signaler
1. Target Group
Personnel working for any working with cranes, who have had little or no training and experience in lifting operations and who wish to gain a Slinger Banksman
/ Crane Banksman / Signaler certificate by completing the QISC Training for Slinger Banksman training.
2. Delegate Pre-requisites
No pre-requisites required for this course.
3. Physical and Stressful Demands
Training and/or assessment activities contained within this Standard may include physically demanding and potentially stressful elements. All personnel
who participate in such activities must be physically and mentally capable of participating fully. Therefore, to ensure that prior to participating in practical
exercises, the delegates will be required to undergo medical screening by completing appropriate medical screening form provided by QISC
4. Aims and Objectives
This course is aimed to raise competency of Singer Banksman / Crane Banksman / Signaler activities at throughout the Engineering, Procurement, construction
and Operation sector and beyond. The training concentrates on the basics of load movement at height hazard, mitigate the risk and safe lifting.
5. Learning Outcomes / Assessment Criteria
At the end of the training delegates must be able to:
1. Understand the roles and responsibilities
2. Identify and list typical hazards associated with rigging and lifting activities at crane operation environment.
3. Identify the Dropped object prevention & control measures
4. Explain sling angles and sling tension.
5. Explain the purpose of inspections and “thorough” examination.
6. Explain reason for informing all relevant parties of impending and ongoing lifting operation.
7. Explain how to use identification tags, color codes to establish SWL/WLL and certification of lifting equipment.
8. Demonstrate rigging up the various loads
9. Demonstrate safe method of de-rigging method.
10.Explain the reason for ensuring the worksite left in a clean and tidy condition.
11.Explain correct storage rules and reporting procedure.
6. Delegate Performance Assessment / Certification / Validity
Delegate Performance Assessment: The Delegates will be assessed against the practical and theory learning outcomes. The Banksman / Signaler may be
asked questions periodically in relation to the crane operation and lifting environment. Briefing will be given relating to specific tasks to be achieved whilst
moving and hauling/ transferring loads. Each Slinger Banksman / Crane Banksman must be able to successfully demonstrate and explain of these tasks
in order to be recorded as a competent Slinger/ Crane Banksman.
Certification: QISC Certification with 2 years validity
7. Instructor & Delegate Ratio
8. Duration and Timing
9. Venue [-Location ]
On client premises or
Qatar International Safety Centre
Gate No. 9 building – 23 Street – 45
Salwa Industrial Area
PO Box 23651
10. For more information
Please contact us direct for availability & costs:
Tel: +974 4450 1223
Fax: +974 4450 1220
www.qisc.net / www.madinagulf.com