VODAFONE Fall Arrest and Basic Fall Arrest Rescue
*1. Target Group
This course is a mandatory requirement for all telecommunication workers who may be required to work at height on towers, masts, monopoles and rooftops
and perform basic rescues of co-workers on Vodafone projects and sites.
*2. Delegate Pre-requisites
A valid medical certificate confirming fitness to work at height, no more than one year old.
*3. Physical and Stressful Demands
Training and/or assessment activities may include physically demanding and potentially stressful elements. All personnel who participate in such activities
must be physically and mentally capable of participating fully.
Delegates will be required to complete a medical and/or fitness screening form to ascertain that they are fit to undertake this type of training.
*4. Aims and Objectives
The aim and objectives of the programme is to equip the delegates with the necessary knowledge and understanding of the working at techniques and
*5. Learning Outcomes / Assessment Criteria
1. Explain and use a range of fall arrest equipment and demonstrate knowledge of applicable regulations
2. Explain and use basic rope knots
3. Install and use fall arrest systems
4. Perform pre-use inspections and assemble fall arrest equipment and systems
5. Interpret a fall arrest risk assessment
6. Perform basic fall arrest rescues during which a casualty is brought down to safety
7. Select suitable ancho points
8. Explain relevant regulations pertaining to Vodafone Standards
9. Demonstrate and explain safe access to structures relating to;
b. Lattice masts
c. Mobile elevated platforms
d. Roof top surfaces
e. Fixed ladders
10.Lifting tools up to 20KG
*6. Delegate Performance Assessment / Certification / Validity
Delegates will be assessed against the learning outcomes by closed book written examination with a 70% pass mark. A practical observation where the
delegate will demonstrate the learning outcomes and a pass mark of 100% is required.
Successful delegates will be issued a certificate of competence valid for 2 years.
*7. Duration and Timing
The optimal contact for this course is 16 hours for 12 persons.
*8. Venue [Qatar International Safety Centre]
Training can be conducted at QISC.
*9. For more information
Please contact us direct for availability & costs:
Tel: +974 4450 1223
Fax: +974 4450 1220
www.qisc.net / www.madinagulf.com