Highfield Award in Food Safety for Catering (RQF) Level 3
1. Target Group
This qualification is designed for learners who wish to progress to higher or supervisory level within a food catering business.
2. Delegate Pre-requisites
There are no prerequisites required for Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Catering training, however, it is advised that learners have a minimum Level of
ability to read and understand English language.
3. Physical and Stressful Demands
There are no physical and stressful demands in this course, however the delegates will be required to undergo medical screening by completing appropriate
medical screening form provided by QISC in order to ensure that the delegates are fit and well to participate fully.
4. Aims and Objectives
The objective of this qualification is to support a role in the workplace and give learners personal growth and engagement in learning on topics such as,
food safety legislation, the application and monitoring of good hygiene practice, how to implement food safety management procedures and the application
and monitoring of good practice regarding contamination, microbiology and temperature control.
5. Learning Outcomes / Assessment Criteria
After successful completion of this training, the learners will:
(1) Understand the requirements for ensuring compliance with food safety, legislation and management procedure and the learners can:
– Recognise the importance of implementing food safety management procedures
– Recognising the responsibilities of those working in a catering environment in respect of food safety legislation and procedures for compliance
– Identify the process for applying a food safety management system into food business
– Identify the methods for, and the importance of, verifying food safety controls and procedures
– Recognising the responsibilities of those working in a catering environment when identifying and selecting suitable controls and monitoring, to prevent
food safety hazards from purchase to service.
(2) Understand the application and monitoring of good practice regarding contamination, temperature control, personal hygiene and cleaning, and learners
– Identify the process of implementing and maintaining high standards of personal hygiene within a catering operation
– Recognising the requirements for induction and ongoing training of staff to ensure competency
– Identify the process of implementing procedures for cleaning, disinfection and waste disposal
– Identify the actions that need to be taken with regards to pest control
– Recognise the responsibilities of those working in a catering environment when identifying hazards posed by, and procedures to control, microbiological,
chemical, physical and allergenic contamination
– Recognise the importance of, and methods for temperature control within a food catering process.
6. Delegate Performance Assessment / Certification / Validity
Delegate Performance Assessment: This qualification is assessed by multiplechoice examination, extremely set and marked by Highfield Qualifications.
Learners must complete 45 questions within 90 minutes. Successful learners will have to demonstrate knowledge and understanding across the qualification
syllabus and achieve a pass mark of 66% (30/45). Leaners will receive a Distinction if they achieve a pass mark of 80% (36/45).
Certification: Highfield issued certification with no specific validity.
(Certification Issuance will take minimum of 30 working days after the successful completion of course.)
7. Instructor & Delegate Ratio
The following ratios indicate the maximum number of delegates to be supervised by one Instructor at any one time during each activity.
8. Duration and Timing
The recommended duration for this training is seen as 25 hours, of this 20 hours are recommended as guided learning hours.
Qatar International Safety Centre
Gate No. 9 building – 23 Street – 45
Salwa Industrial Area
PO Box 23651
10. For more information
Please contact us direct for availability & costs:
Tel: +974 4450 1223
Fax: +974 4450 1220
www.qisc.net / www.madinagulf.com