Highfield International Award in First Aid at Work and the Safe Use of an Automated External Defibrillator Level 3
1. Target Group
This course is designed for people who want to receive most thorough first aid training.
2. Delegate Pre-requisites
The delegates shall meet the necessary standard of language in which the course is delivered.
3. Physical and Stressful Demands
All personnel who participate in practical activities specified on this course, must be physically and mentally capable of participating fully.
The delegates will be required to undergo medical screening by completing a Self-declaration of Medical Fitness form provided by QISC prior to
participating in practical exercises.
4. Aims and Objectives
This qualification aimed at provides the comprehensive set of practical skills needed by first aiders in most workplaces to become a confident first aider
5. Learning Outcomes / Assessment Criteria
Upon successful completion of the course, the delegates will:
1. Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
2. Know how to assess an incident
3. Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
4. Be able to manage a casualty who is not breathing normally and unresponsive
5. Know how to recognize and assist a casualty who is choking
6. Know how to recognize and assist a casualty with a minor injury
7. Know how to manage a casualty who is in shock
8. Know how to administer first aid to a casualty with injuries to bones, muscles and joints
9. Know how to administer first aid to a casualty with suspected head and spinal injuries
10.Know how to administer first aid to a casualty with suspected chest injuries
11.Know how to administer first aid to a casualty with burns and scalds
12.Know how to administer first aid to a casualty with an eye injury
13.Know how to administer first aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning
14.Know how to administer first aid to a casualty with anaphylaxis
15.Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected major illness
16.Know how to safely use an automated external defibrillator (AED)
6. Delegate Performance Assessment / Certification / Validity
Delegate Performance Assessment: The qualification is assessed using the HABC assessment pack and is split into two component parts.
Part one: This component is assessed through practical demonstration of emergency first aid skills.
Part two: This knowledge based assessment requires delegates to answer a series of short answer questions via written or oral responses.
Certification: Highfield certification (certificate issuance will take minimum of 30 days from the course completion)
Validity: 3 years
7. Instructor & Delegate Ratio
8. Duration and Timing
Three days (18 hours)
Qatar International Safety Centre
Gate No. 9, Street 45
Salwa Industrial Area
10. For more information
Please contact us direct for availability & costs:
Tel: +974 4450 1223
Fax: +974 4450 1220
www.qisc.net / www.madinagulf.com