OPITO Digital Gas Monitor Training
This programme is designed to meet the initial training and knowledge assessment requirements for personnel preparing to work as Gas Monitors*.
*Note: In the workplace, persons undertaking Standby/Safety Watch duties at the entrance to a confined space shall be an Authorised Gas Tester or an
Authorised Gas Monitor.
There is no formal pre-requisite required for this course. However, delegates are required to have an ability to read and understand English language.
3.Physical and Stressful Demands
No physical and stressful demands in this course.
4.Aims and Objectives
The aim and objectives of the Gas Monitor training standard is to ensure that personnel preparing for a gas monitor role involved in providing safety watch
duties by the ongoing monitoring of a hot work site are equipped with the relevant knowledge to safely carry out the role.
5.Learning Outcomes / Assessment Criteria
MODULE 1 Gas Monitoring for Hotwork Sites
To successfully complete this module delegates must be able to demonstrate an understanding of:
(1) Hot work (any operation involving naked flames or producing heat and/or sparks or any operation that has spark potential)
(2) Confined space criteria
(3) The type of operations being tested for flammable and toxic gases
(4) Roles and responsibilities of the Fire Watch
(5) Roles and responsibilities of the Stand By person
(6) Responsibilities of the Gas Monitor role
(7) How to select, use and care for PPE
(8) How to work within the safe system of work
(9) The hazards and properties of flammable gases
(10) The behaviour of different flammable and toxic gases
(11) The potential arrival of flammable gas or vapour clouds at the hot work site
(12) Impact of environmental changes on working conditions
(13) Importance of checking controls on the equipment are as specified
(14) Importance of regular communication
(15) Sources of assistance and specialist support
(16) Completion of relevant documentation
6.Delegate Performance Assessment / Certification / Validity
Delegate Performance Assessment: Delegates will be required to undertake a knowledge test which covers all learning outcomes.
The test will be ‘openbook’. Pass mark is 80%.
Certification: OPITO Approved Certification with Three Years validity
7.Instructor & Delegate Ratio
The maximum number of delegates attending this programme is Twelve.
8.Duration and Timing
The optimum ‘contact time’ for digital delivery is seen as 1.5 hours
9.Venue [-Location ]
Qatar International Safety Centre
Gate No. 9 building – 23 Street – 45
Salwa Industrial Area
PO Box 23651
10. For more information
Please contact us direct for availability & costs:
Tel: +974 4450 1223
Fax: +974 4450 1220
www.qisc.net / www.madinagulf.com