CISRS OSTS Basic Scaffold Inspector
*1. Target Group
This course is aimed at non-scaffolders (e.g. Managers/Engineers) who are required to carry out inspections of basic scaffold structures that are included
in OSTS Level 1, 2 and 3 Scaffolder training courses.
*2. Delegate Pre-requisites
No pre-requisites required for this course.
*3. Physical and Stressful Demands
Training and/or assessment activities contained within this Standard may include physically demanding and potentially stressful elements. All personnel
who participate in such activities must be physically and mentally capable of participating fully.
Therefore to ensure that prior to participating in practical exercises, the delegates will be required to undergo medical screening by completing appropriate
medical screening form provided by QISC
*4. Aims and Objectives
To give the delegate such knowledge and skills to enable them to inspect basic scaffold structures and complete safety inspection reports.
*5. Learning Outcomes / Course Content
1. Introduction to Scaffolding & Scaffolding Terminology
2. Statutory Requirements & Codes of Practice
3. International Standards (British, European, US & Local)
4. International Best Practice & Industry Standards (NASC)
5. Overview of Fall prevention in Scaffolding
6. Tube, fittings & boards
7. Safe access and egress
8. Scaffolders training and working methods
9. Bracing and tying scaffolds
10. Mobile, static and loading towers
11. Birdcage scaffolds
12.Prefabricated beams and bridging beams
13. Public protection
14. Various types of system scaffolding
15. How to carry out a scaffolding inspection
16. Scaffold Tagging Systems
17. Practical Scaffold Inspection Exercises
18. Scaffold Inspection Reports
19. Knowledge Test and Assessment
*6. Delegate Performance Assessment / Certification / Validity
Delegate Performance Assessment:
Written Tests – A minimum of 25 multiple choice questions. Pass Mark is 80%.
Practical Assessments – These assessments are made by the Instructor during normal practical exercises and skill tests.
Certification: Successful delegates will receive a CISRS Overseas Basic Scaffold Inspector Certificate and Record Card valid for 5 years.
*7. Instructor & Delegate Ratio
The maximum permitted number of delegates per Instructor is 12
*8. Duration and Timing
Qatar International Safety Centre
Gate No. 9 building – 23 Street – 45
Salwa Industrial Area
PO Box 23651
*10. For more information
Please contact us direct for availability & costs:
Tel: +974 4450 1223
Fax: +974 4450 1220
www.qisc.net / www.madinagulf.com