CISRS OSTS Scaffolder (Level 1)
*1. Target Group
This course is aimed at trainee scaffolders who require basic scaffolding skills training.
*2. Delegate Pre-requisites
Prior to attending a Level 1 course a delegate is required to have a minimum of 6 months experience working with scaffolding and has been provided
with suitable H&S Induction Training.
*3. Physical and Stressful Demands
Training and/or assessment activities contained within this Standard may include physically demanding and potentially stressful elements. All personnel
who participate in such activities must be physically and mentally capable of participating fully.
Therefore to ensure that prior to participating in practical exercises, the delegates will be required to undergo medical screening by completing
appropriate medical screening form provided by QISC
*4. Aims and Objectives
To provide delegates with the knowledge and skills to enable them to erect, alter and dismantle basic scaffolding structures in traditional tube and fitting
and common system scaffold types.
*5. Learning Outcomes / Assessment Criteria
CORE THEORY UNITS
1. General Health and Safety Awareness
2. International Best Practice
3. International Performance Standards
4. Local Legal Requirements
5. Components/Materials recognition
6. Manual Handling (NASC Document SG6)
7. Fall Prevention (NASC Document SG4)
8. Tower scaffold, Independent scaffold and Birdcage Scaffold
9. Foundations/Integrity and stability (Bracing & Ties etc)
10.Access & Egress
1. Static and Mobile Tower (2 Lifts including foot tie – Two static and one mobile
2. Independent with Return (2 Lifts including foot tie)
3. Nine Standard Birdcage Scaffold (2 lifts including foot tie)
*6. Delegate Performance Assessment / Certification / Validity
Delegate Performance Assessment:
Written Tests – A minimum of 25 multiple choice questions. Pass Mark is 76%.
Practical Assessments – These assessments are made by the Instructor during normal practical exercises and skill tests.
Certification: Successful delegates will receive a CISRS Overseas Scaffolder Level 1 Certificate of Training and Record Card valid for 5 years.
*7. Instructor & Delegate Ratio
The maximum permitted number of delegates per Instructor is 12
*8. Duration and Timing
Qatar International Safety Centre
Gate No. 9 building – 23 Street – 45
Salwa Industrial Area
PO Box 23651
*10. For more information
Please contact us direct for availability & costs:
Tel: +974 4450 1223
Fax: +974 4450 1220
www.qisc.net / www.madinagulf.com